Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Flavour of Life

Hi Guys! First of all, thanks for spending your precious time reading my post... This is my first, by the way..

The taste of life... hmmmm... what is it.. ya? Bitter? Sweet? Sour? Spicy? What I know best is the taste of my favourite ice-cream, Strawberry & Chocolate.. definitely sweet and yummy! But do you think your life is always 'sweet' and 'eelogofusciouhipoppokunurious'?

Lately, there's a lot of things happening in my life. At the moment, my mother is still in the hospital, due to stroke. I can't forgive myself for being ignorant about the symptoms of stroke.. She had the symptoms a few days earlier.. but I didn't notice it...  I spend nights crying and was getting quite vulnerable.. there were times when my eyes became sensitive to the lights... But I can't let her see this... This would definitely 'add salt to the wound' as she is already upset with her health condition....

Then, I started motivating myself. Things happen for a reason. God never wants us to give up on life. Asking 'why me?' won't solve any problems or relieve any 'pain'.. Patience & Perseverance are greatly needed to face challenges in life. When things get 'tough', we pray to God to show us the 'way' and ease our 'pain'... We ask for His forgiveness... But ... How many times do we do this when we were happy? When life goes on 'smoothly'?

Taking things positively in life is also important. A quotation by Helen Keller has always been my inspiration during tough times; "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." When we face challenges in life, we are actually given the chance to strengthened our soul and become a better person. Our will-power is tested and it can be stronger each time it is tested. As we become stronger, the chances of success is greater. Look at the life of some successful people, for example, J.K Rowling. She was once diagnosed with clinical depression and contemplated suicide before becoming famous with her Harry Potter series.

Life has varieties of 'flavour'... Taste them with passion and wisdom... The more flavour you taste, the more 'acumen' you will become... but remember, too much of sweet things may bring you 'diabetes', and too much of spice may bring you 'stomach ache'!


No comments:

Post a Comment