Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Humor Spices For Today!

I was quite busy with work, and facebook... somehow forgotten all about my blog.. I only remembered that I have a blog when I couldn't open my office email. Weird isn't it?

Today, as I was marking my students' assignments, I came across some very funny grammar mistakes..
I couldn't stop laughing... I shouldn't, but I just can't help it.... Should I post it here? Nope! I won't...  But I would like to share what my friend sent me years ago...

TRAVELLERS' TALES

Derek Davies, Far Eastern Economic Review (September 1989)

*You might have read this before.. but if u r bored, you can read this again!

i) In Yugoslavian Hotel: The flattening of underwear with pleasure is the job of the chambermaid.

ii) In a Japanese hotel: you are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid.

iii) In the lobby of a Moscow hotel across from a Russian Orthodox monastery: You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and Soviet composers, artists, and writers are buried daily except Thursday.

iv) Outside a Hong Kong dress shop: Ladies have fits upstairs.

v) Outside a Paris dress shop: dresses for street walking

vi) From the Soviet Weekly: There will be a Moscow Exhibition of Arts by 15,000 Soviet Republic painters and sculptors. These were executed over the past two years.

vii) A sign posted in Germany’s Black Forest: It is strictly forbidden on our black forest camping site that people of different sex, for instance; men and women, live together in one tent unless they are married with each other for that purpose.

viii) A translated sentence from a Russian chess book: A lot of water has been passed under the bridge since this variation has been played.

ix) In a Rome Laundry: Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time.

x) In a Czechoslovakian tourist agency: Take one of our horse-driven city tours – we guarantee no miscarriages.

xi) Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand: Would you like to ride on your own ass?

xii) On the faucet of a Finnish washroom: To stop the drip, turn cock to right.

xiii) In the window of a Swedish furrier: Fur coats made for ladies from their own skin.

xiv) Detour sign in Kyushi, Japan: Stop: Drive Sideways.

xv) In a Bangkok temple: It is forbidden to enter a woman even a foreigner if dressed as a man.

xvi) In Tokyo Bar: Special cocktails for the ladies with nuts.

ok.. that's all for today... If I can find more of this, gonna post it here.. and at my facebook notes.. oppss... at my facebook notes.. then post it here... huhu...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment