Friday, August 12, 2011

Female Empowerment Songs For Your iPod

Hi guys,

Today I would like to share an interesting topic that a friend of mine wrote....

Female Empowerment Songs For Your iPod

Life is tough and when it comes to love life it’s a whole different game altogether. We laugh, we cry, we have our heart torn to pieces just to put it back together and do it all again. But the truth is there’s more to live than crying ourselves to sleep and sticking around with the wrong guy whom we know is not good for us.



feature photo
So we need a little bit of nudge or in worse cases a slap in the face to snap us out of it. This may sound a little crazy, but there are also some of us who seek solace in our iPod playlist. Yes exactly! There are so many songs released by great singers out there that can inspire and give us the strength that we need to leave, move on or just finally leaving the jerk who drag us around and used up all of our money.

Here are some of our favourites:



Don’t Hold Your Breath- Nicole Scherzinger from Killer Love (2011)

“You can’t touch me now there’s no feeling left

If you think I’m coming back don’t hold your breath

What you did to me boy I can’t forget

If you think I’m coming back don’t hold your breath”




King of Anything- Sara Bareilles from Kaleidoscope Heart (2010)

“You’ve got opinions, man

We’re all entitled to ‘em, but I never asked

So let me thank you for your time, and try not to waste anymore of mine

And get out of here fast”





Dancing on My Own- Robyn Body Talk Pt2 (2010)

“So far away, but still so near

(The lights go on, the music dies

But you don’t see me, standing here

I just came to say goodbye”



Get Over You- Sophie Ellis-Bextor from Read My Lips (2002)

“You think you’ve got your way

But baby there’s a catch

Don’t need your foul play

Now you have met your match

You think you’re in control

But that won’t last that long

You thought you wore the crown

Honey, you were wrong”




Hush Hush Hush Hush- Pussycat Dolls from Doll Domination (2008)

"I never needed your corrections

On everything from how I act to what I say

I never needed words, I never needed hurts

I never needed you to be here everyday”





I Could Say- Lily Allen from It’s Not me, It’s You (2009)

“Since you’ve gone I’ve lost a chip on my shoulder,

Since you’ve gone I feel like I’ve gotten older,

And now you’ve gone it feels as if the whole wide world is my stage

And now you’ve gone it’s like I’ve been let out of my cage”




Ex-factor- Lauryn Hill from The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill (1998)

“No matter how I think we grow

You always seem to let me know

It ain’t workin’

It ain’t workin’

And when I try to walk away

You’d hurt yourself to make me stay

This is crazy

This is crazy”

Do you have your own personal favorite? Let me know.. ;)

Courtesy - H.Esquander, Fashunable

No comments:

Post a Comment